SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI 6.0.3 appeared in the Apple iTunes app store last Friday (with minor fixes added to subsequent 6.0.6 and 6.0.8 releases). The SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 support (formerly known as the Sybase Unwired Platform) and MDM configuration support for iOS 7 will be a big deal for mobile device administrators. Web Intelligence users will appreciate the new local table filtering and additional enhancements to existing features like personal views and geo analysis.
What’s New in Version 6.0.3
- Support for SAP Mobile Platform 3.0
- Support for SAP Mobile Platform, cloud edition
- User experience improvements
- MDM configuration support for iOS 7 devices
- Support for local table filtering for SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents
- Personal views, geo analysis, and performance enhancements for SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence documents
- Technical enhancements
Updated documentation will be forthcoming and posted to its usual spot on the SAP Help Portal (UPDATE 06/20/2014: documentation now available, except very important Fixed Issues and Release Restrictions). ASUG members will want to enroll in this Wednesday’s webinar by SAP BusinessObjects Mobile BI product manager Srikanth Rao. SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1 Support Pack 4 (SP4) also shipped last week, but the local table filtering works with Support Pack 3. We’ll have to wait until the documentation arrives to see if any new features have server-side dependencies on SP4.